Thursday, January 5, 2012

Estee Lauder DayWear: Advanced Multi-Protection Anti-Oxidant Creme

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Estee Lauder DayWear

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Estee Lauder DayWear

Here is Project Pan Item #3: Estee Lauder's DayWear Advanced Multi-Protection Anti-Oxidant Creme SPF 15. I got this as part of a gift set and, as I am finding to be the case with most everything I try from Estee Lauder's skincare range, I truly adore this moisturizer. It has topped all other moisturizers that I have tried.

It comes as a light green cream that feels luxurious and rich but not at all greasy when applied to the skin. It has a lovely fresh cucumber scent. Boston's bitingly cold weather left my skin in disastrous state, so I was determined not to let it happen again when I went to New York a few weeks ago. I took DayWear along with me, which I applied both day and night. I also topped it in the daytime with Origin's VitaZing (reviewed previously). What do you know, my skin survived without developing awful dry patches or redness!

The product claims to "defend against signs of premature aging and diminish their appearance. Helps safeguard skin with advanced broad-spectrum sunscreen and Estée Lauder's best UVA defense. Visibly reduces the first signs of aging, like dullness and fine, dry lines. Skin feels smoother, looks fresher and healthier instantly." I can't comment on the protection it offers against aging since I can't see what hasn't developed, but I would be inclined to agree that antioxidants and SPF should prevent signs of aging. I do feel that my skin tone and texture has improved lately. It may be in part due to the DayWear creme, but it is also likely due to changes in my cleansing routine (I've started using the Clarisonic system, as reviewed here). Simply put, I can't confirm or refute the claims. All I can say is that I do love and enjoy this moisturizer.

It goes for $43 for 1.7 oz, which is not cheap, but I would definitely repurchase this at that price. It is the best moisturizer that I have used. I can't find any flaws (except maybe the cost). Definitely check it out at a counter if you're looking for a good day creme!

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete