Thursday, December 8, 2011

Origins: VitaZing Moisturizer

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Origins VitaZing

My skin routinely goes haywire on me for no apparent reason. It is currently dry and bumpy, yet also prone to breakout. In the past, I would opt either for the Bare Minerals Foundation or to go without face makeup at all. Neither of these options were my favorite. The mineral foundation did not sit well on dry skin, and going without meant leaving my skin looking dull and uneven.

This is where the Origins VitaZing comes in. I heard rave reviews about this product so I decided to give it a try when I had a 25% off coupon for Beauty.com. I received it at a time when my skin was equally erratic a few months back. The reviews I saw claimed that this product has color-matching ability, and that it offers light coverage while mainly functioning as a moisturizer. I thus turned to this as something to keep my skin moisturized while evening and brightening my complexion. I have to say, VitaZing has been quite good for those times of need.

The moisturizer comes out as a light grayish cream with little dark flecks. I did not immediately notice any color change as I rubbed it into my skin (it just looked transparent), but I do believe that it happens because I have seen color wipe off onto my towel when I am at the gym. The coverage is hence very light and subtle, but this is to be expected since this is not touted as a tinted moisturizer. What I like about it is that it does help to brighten and even out the complexion while leaving the skin looking like skin. I feel that as a moisturizer, this product sinks into the skin, whereas products like foundation or tinted moisturizer contain obvious pigment that sits on the surface of the skin and emphasizes bumps or flakiness. VitaZing is thus a good option for when your skin can't handle cosmetic products, yet you'd like something to help with your complexion.

As a moisturizer, it is quite good. It's a bit more rich than I usually go for in a moisturizer (I usually like light-to-medium moisture), but I think that it's good for days that I will not be loading additional products onto my skin. I would not recommend this as a moisturizer to be used under foundation because I feel that that would look and feel heavy.

It does have an odd scent that's hard to describe. It is neither fresh nor feminine, but I find it bearable. It's not worse than the scent of Philosophy's Hope in a Jar, which I have reviewed previously.

VitaZing is $35 for a 1.7 oz tube, which is a little pricey. I don't feel that this product should be a must-have for most people. However, for people like me who experience bouts of dryness, bumpiness, and/or flakiness, this product is nice to have around because it combats dryness and offers subtle coverage while allowing the skin to breathe and recover.

P.S. I forgot to mention, it contains SPF 15, which is a great bonus!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Origins VitaZing

No comments:

Post a Comment