Tuesday, January 3, 2012

L'oreal Colour Riche Balm: Nourishing Nude

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
L'oreal Colour Riche Balm in Nourishing Nude

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
L'oreal Colour Riche Balm in Nourishing Nude

I picked up this L'oreal Colour Riche Balm at the same time that I purchased the Infallible Eye Shadows. I thought they might be L'oreal's version of Revlon's Lip Butters, which I have gone mad over, so I got one to do a comparison. I chose Nourishing Nude (818), a pretty, natural rosy pink. Revlon's Lip Butters don't offer a my-lips-but-better sort of shade so I was happy to see this color in L'oreal's range.

Sadly, the product is nowhere comparable to the coveted Lip Butters. While Nourishing Nude is a nice color in theory, it is so sheer that it hardly does anything in the way of pigmentation. The Colour Riche Balm is definitely more of a glossy balm than anything. However, it does not last long on the lips, maybe an hour tops. It seems to sit on the lips rather than soaking into them, so I can't even recommend this product for moisture. Lastly, it has quite an unpleasant plastic feel and taste about it, which I have found to be the case with all my L'oreal lip products, but this one is the worst yet. I don't recall finding something so unbearable in a long time.

The only positive thing I can say about this product is that it contains SPF 15. Still, this balm wears off so quickly that I can't imagine that it'd be a good product for UV protection.

I got this for $5.99 at Target, but I would not recommend it even if you got it for free. The awful synthetic taste is bad enough but worse yet, the product does nothing to make up for it. It does not wear well or provide enough pigmentation to improve the appearance of one's lips. It is possible that this is because I chose a more natural shade, and that a darker color might be more pigmented. However, my experience with this one is bad enough that I am not willing to try any more of these.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
L'oreal Colour Riche Balm in Nourishing Nude

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Natural lips (sorry it's blurry)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
L'oreal Colour Riche Balm in Nourishing Nude

1 comment:

  1. I've wanted to try these as I want a more natural color, anyways. I think it makes your lips look very nice. :)

    ReplyDelete