Friday, December 2, 2011

Clarisonic: Refreshing Gel Cleanser

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Clarisonic Refreshing Gel Cleanser

I know I am on a beauty-buying ban, but I'm going to have to make a few exceptions. Firstly, the new Urban Decay Naked 2 Palette is out. I know I don't NEED it, but... come on. Being a makeup junkie AND a neutrals lover, I can hardly say no. Secondly, I broke the ban yesterday to buy some more of the Clarisonic Refreshing Gel Cleanser, because it is an incredible product and I've used up my trial-size tube (PROJECT PAN ITEM #1!). I was truly planning to hold off on the purchase but then Sephora sent out $20 gift cards to VIBs, so there was really no reason not to go for it.

I ordered the Clarisonic system quite a while back, I believe during Nordstrom's Half-Yearly sale. I have this strange habit of getting things and then not putting them to immediate use. I didn't actually start using the Clarisonic until around mid-to-late October, and I was astounded. It is AMAZING. Now I know why everyone goes raving mad over it. From the very first use, I could feel a significant difference in my skin. It was smooth and soft as a baby's bottom (or so I imagine)! I literally could not stop stroking my cheeks. I even made my mom feel them, and she was equally impressed.

I thought that the secret was in the Clarisonic itself but I soon learned otherwise. For the first week or so of use, I was pairing the Clarisonic with the Refreshing Gel Cleanser. Then I went to Boston for a week, to which I brought with me the Clarisonic Gentle Hydro Cleanser, thinking that it would keep my skin hydrated admist brisk, cold weather. I could immediately feel that there was a difference between the two cleansers. Not only did the Gentle Hydro Cleanser fail to keep my skin hydrated, it also did not leave me feeling as clean or smooth as the Refreshing Gel Cleanser did. That was when I realized that the cleanser matters, and that the Clarisonic was not acting alone to produce the remarkable results I first felt.

The Refreshing Gel Cleanser comes in a pretty irridescent gel formula that foams. It has a lovely fresh scent. When I use it in conjuction with the Clarisonic, my skin feels softer, smoother, and cleaner than I have felt it in longer than I can recall. It claims to gently balance and clarify oily, congested skin while promoting bright, even skin tone. I would concur that it is balancing. I have combination skin, and I find that cleansers that help my oily areas to feel clean are usually too drying on my cheeks. The Refreshing Gel Cleanser leaves me feeling clean overall without any dry tightness. I also believe that it helps to promote better skin tone when used with the Clarisonic.

However, this cleanser alone cannot fulfill all my cleansing needs. I noticed that I was getting more breakouts when I stopped using the Neutrogena Deep Clean Cream Cleanser, so I've gone back to that for my nighttime routine (that one also works very well with the Clarisonic). To me, this means that the Refreshing Gel Cleanser is not clarifying enough for me. Still, I think it is great, and I like it for the morning.

At $25 for a 6 oz tube, the Refreshing Gel Cleanser is not an inexpensive product. However, it works so well for me that I am willing to fork out the money. I have tried using it without the Clarisonic, and I don't believe that it left my skin feeling as great as it does when I do use the Clarisonic. Something about using the two in conjuction does something remarkable. For that reason, it is difficult for me to recommend unless you already have the Clarisonic. If you do, then I completely recommend that you give this cleanser a try!

No comments:

Post a Comment