Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Maybelline Dream Bouncy Blush: Coffee Cake

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Maybelline Dream Bouncy Blush in Coffee Cake
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Maybelline Dream Bouncy Blush in Coffee Cake

Maybelline recently released their new cream blushes. I'm a big fan of their Dream Mousse Blushes, one of which I've reviewed here, so I did not hesitate to try the Dream Bouncy Blush. I was tempted to buy more but I restricted myself to one. I chose Coffee Cake (60), which I think is the most brown of their offerings, because I don't believe I have a color like it. I thought it might be versatile for both blush and contouring.

Coffee Cake looked quite brown in the store, especially relative to the other colors. However, studying it now at home, it looks much more rosy and pink. It is a deeper looking color in the pan but it comes across as a brighter coral on the skin. Whatever the case, I love the blush. It applies wonderfully with great blendability. It provides a nice, easy flush without looking overdone. The cream formula allows it to look more natural, unlike powder blushes which can sit on the skin. I love that Maybelline's cream blushes in either formula (both Mousse and Bouncy) are pretty foolproof. They never look clownish because they blend so nicely. You can see in my photos that even when I apply this more heavily, it still looks quite natural.

The Dream Bouncy Blush is exactly as the name describes, a bouncier cream formula that is denser than the whipped, mousse texture of the Dream Mousse Blush. Other than textural differences, however, I feel that both formulas are identical in the way that they apply and wear. As mentioned above, these apply very easily to yield healthy, natural looking flush. I do find that they fade over time, but I believe they wear 4-5 hours just fine.

I don't remember exactly how much I paid for this, but I believe it was somewhere between $8-9 at CVS. I find that to be a bit pricey for the drugstore. While I love this blush, I don't find it to be so unique or special that anyone needs to run out and get it immediately. Furthermore, I believe that many of the colors are the same as the ones in the Mousse range (same name and all!). Coffee Cake is one such example. It may be more worthwhile to look into the new colors. In closing, I would recommend that you wait until you can find these products at Target or get it at a deal, as with BOGO.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Maybelline Dream Bouncy Blush in Coffee Cake

No comments:

Post a Comment