Sunday, January 29, 2012

The Body Shop: Camomile Gentle Eye Make-Up Remover

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
The Body Shop's Camomile Gentle Eye Make-Up Remover

Project Pan Item #10: The Body Shop's Camomile Gentle Eye Make-Up Remover.

The item photographed above is actually my second bottle of this stuff, so that goes to show that I liked this enough to repurchase it. It is a rosewater-based makeup remover without an oil component. It is not at all irritating, and it does not leave behind any residue on the eye, which I think is a wonderful attribute. Even though the Body Shop makes an alternative remover specifically for waterproof products, I find that this one works just fine to dissolve my waterproof mascara and long-wearing eye makeup. However, it does take some extra remover and effort to wipe off very, very waterproof items. Lastly, I like this remover because it is handy for spot cleaning, as when your makeup smudges or has fall-out. As an oil-free liquid, it can be easily soaked onto a Q-tip for precise cleaning. I point this out because I have tried other removers that aren't suitable for this purpose. There are some that leave behind oily residue such that they can only really be used at the end of the day when you wish to remove all your makeup and then cleanse your face of the oil. I have also tried a cream remover (MUF's Sens'Eyes), which coats the Q-tip rather than soaking into it. It can't offer the same precision because the cream often smears onto places that I don't want it. Having had these experiences with other removers, I can truly appreciate the Camomile Make-up Remover.

My favorite eye makeup remover is Lancome's Bi-facil, which is a bi-phase formula with an oil component. It is gentle, effective, and best of all, it leaves the skin feeling soft but not at all oily, which cannot be said of all bi-phased makeup removers. However, it is rather expensive at $27 for 4.2 oz. This is why I am content to use The Body Shop's option at $15 for 8.4 oz. While it is not quite as effective as Lancome's Bi-facil, the Camomile Make-up Remover is close enough and offers much more bang for the buck. I recommend this product if you're looking for an makeup remover that is economical, effective, and residue-free.

No comments:

Post a Comment