Thursday, January 26, 2012

Sally Hansen Gem Crush Nail Colors: Big Money, Glitz Gal

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Sally Hansen Gem Crush Nail Colors in Big Money and Glitz Gal

More nail swatches! My goal is to switch out my color every few days because I seem to purchase polishes more quickly than I get around to wearing them (except, unfortunately, I'm liking Yummy Mummy/Gray Suede so much that I don't want to swap them out).

I got these Sally Hansen Gem Crush polishes during the holidays when I was in the mood for glitters. I thought Big Money in particular was sort of fascinating because it has a cool taupe quality about it. The gold base glitters aren't the standard bright yellow gold. Rather, they're sort of silvery, like aged or faded gold, and they're interspersed with pinky-violet glitters. Glitz Gal is appropriately named because I think it's a great party color (very New-Year-esqe), a deep charcoal gray with rainbow glitters.

I painted these over L'oreal's Charmed, I'm Sure (reviewed previously) but I achieved enough opacity (in two coats) that the base color shouldn't affect the swatch. I found the glitters to look dull without a topcoat. These were easy to apply, although fickle to remove (as glitters tend to be). While I'm not personally enamored with these colors, they're fine as far as nail polishes go.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Big Money

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Glitz Gal

No comments:

Post a Comment