Sunday, January 22, 2012

Seche Vite Dry Fast Top Coat

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Seche Vite

Here is my Project Pan Item #4, the Seche Vite Top Coat. It's as good as done, even though there's some polish left. It's so tacky now that it's utterly useless.

People rave about this top coat, and for good reason. It does speed up the drying process while leaving a nice glossy finish. It also extends the wear of the polish, although I have never cared to test for the amount of time.

Its biggest flaw, however, is the way that the product dries up and gets tacky as you go through the bottle. By the halfway point, the polish was so thick that I'd see gooey threads of polish pull out of the bottle whenever I removed the brush. I just turned my bottle upside down to see if the remaining polish would budge, and it didn't move for the first minute or so. Now it's going very slowly.

I think this goes for about $9, which is a fair price for a good top coat. Still, I'm not too happy with the way the product changes as you use it up. I'd rather find an alternative that is cheaper and doesn't dry out with use. I'm testing out the Sally Hansen Insta-Dri Top Coat now to see how it performs in comparison. I've only used the it once but I find that it too speeds up the drying process, which is what I most look for in a good top coat. I'll review it once I've tested it more!

No comments:

Post a Comment