Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Buxom Stay-There Eye Shadow: Pug, Mutt

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Buxom Stay-There Eye Shadows

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Buxom Stay-There Eye Shadows in Pug and Mutt

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Pug, Mutt

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Pug

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Mutt

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Pug, Mutt

I have been meaning to review Buxom's Stay-There Eye Shadows for a while now. I got these during Sephora's Friends and Family sale, and I am so glad that I did. Mutt, in particular, is my go-to shade these days. It the perfect warm, shimmery, medium brown that makes for an easy neutral eye look. It looks very golden in my swatch but I feel that it looks more like a true brown in real life. I also feel it has just a hint of rosiness about it. I absolutely adore it. Pug is a cool, silvery purple. It, too, is very pretty, although I have to admit I don't reach for it often just because I prefer neutral eyes.

These are cream shadows that remain creamy to the touch, rather than drying down the way that MAC Paint Pots or MUF Aqua Creams (reviewed here) do. Even so, they remain true to their claim that they are "stay-there" eyeshadows, as they do not crease, smudge, or wear off. They remind me of Chanel's Illusion d'Ombre Luminous Eyeshadows (reviewed here) in the way they wear and feel. However, the texture of these is more of a true cream, while Chanel's shadows have a sort of gel-like consistency about them. A light touch into the cream yields good pigmentation, which can be further built up. Because they remain emollient, I find that these are much easier to blend than cream shadows that dry down. In summary, these are excellent, no-fuss products.

These sell for $17 per pot, which carries 3.5 grams of product. While I consider that to be pricey, I would not hesitate to repurchase Mutt. Not only is the formulation of this product wonderful, but the color is just perfect for my everyday needs. I highly recommend these eyeshadows, especially if you are looking for a long-wearing cream shadow that does not set. I feel that these are a fair alternative to Chanel's coveted cream shadows, so definitely check these out at Sephora if you're interested!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Buxom Mutt across lids

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Buxom Mutt across lids, Boots Botanics Cinnamon on outer corners

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Buxom Pug across lids

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Buxom Pug across lids, Boots Botanics Star Anise on outer corners

No comments:

Post a Comment