Thursday, January 26, 2012

Maybelline: Volum' Express One-by-One Waterproof Mascara

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Maybelline One-by-One Mascara

Project Pan Item #9: Maybelline One-by-One Waterproof Mascara.

I have stick-straight lashes that won't stay curled unless I use a waterproof mascara. I was very happy with this one by Maybelline because it provided for a clean look by separating and defining the lashes without ever making them look clumpy. According to the description on Maybelline's website, it is designed for "bold lashes without the bulk." While I agree that it does not bulk up the lashes, I can't say that this mascara makes for bold lashes. In contrast, this mascara defines lashes while keeping them looking quite natural.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
One-by-One applicator

The applicator is a rubberized material with spikes protruding all the way around in an oval shape that tapers at each end. I liked this wand a lot because I never had problems catching all my lashes, and it wasn't so large that it'd make a mess on my lids. The waterproof formula dried quickly so it didn't smudge around, and it made for nice, long wear. I did experience some transfer of the color to my undereye area as the day progressed, but I really blame that on the structure of my face/eyes. This mascara does as good a job as any at holding my curl.

I'm not too fussy about my lashes because they're not in any way the standout features of my face. All I really look for is a mascara that will hold the curl without making my lashes clumpy. Consequently, I'm probably not the best reviewer for mascaras, but my opinion is that Maybelline's One-by-One is a great one for very clean, defined lashes. I will probably repurchase this in the future.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
One-by-One on lashes

No comments:

Post a Comment