Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Button London: Yummy Mummy (and Revlon Dupe)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Butter London Yummy Mummy, Revlon Gray Suede


Image and video hosting by TinyPic
L-R: Yummy Mummy (YM), YM, YM, Gray Suede (GS), GS, GS, YM, YM

If I haven't said it enough, I love my neutrals. Butter London's Yummy Mummy is a sophisticated grayish-pink neutral with subtle shimmer. I find it to be a subdued but very chic shade.

Butter London's nail polishes are "3 Free," meaning that they are without DPB, toulene and formaldehyde, which are chemicals that you'd want to avoid exposing yourself to. This is wonderful, of course, although it is not so much of a consideration for me personally since I wear polishes that do contain those chemicals. The formula is just right in consistency, neither runny nor thick. I also love the packaging, which is sleek and makes for easy storage.

Butter London polishes sell for $14/bottle, which is rather pricey. I would thus like to point out a comparable shade by Revlon called Gray Suede, which I have reviewed previously. It is not an exact dupe, as you might be able to tell from my swatches. I can easily pick out the difference in real life as Gray Suede is a bit lighter and pinker than Yummy Mummy, which is more gray. Even so, I think they're quite close and they're definitely in the same color family. Revlon sells for less than half the price, so I consider it to be a good contender! Either way, this sort of color is lovely and should be a staple in one's collection.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Butter London Yummy Mummy on middle, ring, and little fingers (natural light)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Butter London Yummy Mummy on middle, ring, and little fingers (with flash)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Revlon Gray Suede on thumb and pointer (natural light)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Revlon Gray Suede on thumb and pointer (with flash)

No comments:

Post a Comment