Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Make Up Forever Aqua Cream: Shade 13, Shade 15

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Make Up Forever Aqua Creams: Shade 13, Shade 15
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Shade 13, Shade 15
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Shade 13, Shade 15
I know Make Up Forever is a highly-praised brand that doesn't need further review from someone like me. I decided to do this anyway because I initially had trouble with the Aqua Creams but just recently figured out a way to apply them. Now I love them!

I have Shade 13, a frosty champagne pink, and Shade 15, a frosty warm brown. The Aqua Creams are very smooth and pigmented. They dry quickly and completely so there shouldn't be concerns about smudging. The fast dry time was the exact source of my initial problems. When I first got these, I tried to apply them with my fingers but I found that they set so quickly that I didn't have the chance to blend them out. Further application looked splotchy as I couldn't get an even application. I just started using the Sedona Lace 954 brush (the perfect cream shadow brush) to apply them and am getting much better results! For some reason, I am able to get even coverage and to blend when using this brush. It seems that I get more time before the product completely dries on my lids. Perhaps the heat of my fingers caused the product to set more quickly. I think most of the product probably dried onto my finger, which was why I was getting splotchy application. Lesson learned- apply this with a brush!

Now that I have figured out a way to use it, I absolutely love these products, especially Shade 15 (my ever-clear love of browns will never wane). The most impressive thing about them is their longevity. They wear incredibly well. I didn't experience any creasing, smudging, or fading of the colors.

These creams may also be worn on the cheeks (though these shades would not be good for that).

I highly recommend these products. These products are pricey ($22 for 0.21 oz) but a little goes a very long way since no reapplication is necessary. Shade 15 is such a perfect color for me that I would be open to repurchasing it. Shade 13 is also very pretty but since I only wear it as an inner corner highlight, its use is limited and it can easily be replaced. There is a decent range of colors so if you find one you love and know that you will use again and again, I would say go for it.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Shade 13 on inner corners, Shade 15 on rest of lid

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
After 11 hours of wear

No comments:

Post a Comment