Thursday, August 25, 2011

Chanel Illusion d'Ombre Long-Wear Luminous Eyeshadow: Illusoire, Epatant

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Chanel Illusion d'Ombre Long-Wear Luminous Eyeshadows

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Illusoire (83), Epatant (84)

These cream eyeshadows by Chanel are truly something else. They are very pricey at $36 per pot but it is not hard to justify once you give them a try.

They're quite unique in their finish and texture. These are very smooth and airy, sort of mousse-like but denser. You pick up substantial pigment with just a light touch. These are not like MAC's Paint Pots, which are very dense and glide around when warmed with touch. You do not want to apply pressure to the Chanel pots as you would with Paint Pots because I'm pretty sure your finger would go right through. You can see where I've smoothed the top down by touching my finger to it. All I need is to lightly dab to pick up product.

Both shades are incredibly shimmery, and I believe the rest of the line is as well (I assume that is why they're called "luminous" shadows). If you wear these sheer, you'll get a good wash of shimmer with a light touch of color. The color can definitely be built up for strong pigmentation as well. I don't find that these set the way that Paint Pots or other cream shadows (MUF Aqua Creams, Benefit's Creaseless Creams) do as those products dry pretty quickly. These Chanel creams seem to retain that smooth, emollient feeling but remarkably, they do not crease or smudge around! It is amazing!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Illusoire (83)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Epatant (84)

Illusoire is a lovely grayed-purple. This is the only one I've tried on my eyes and it wore very well. Epatant is a yellowed-silver which I think is so wonderful. Most silvers are cool-toned but this one is warmed with the yellow and quite unique, as far as I can tell.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Epatant, Illusoire

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
From bottom up: Epatant, Illusoire

In summary, I definitely recommend that you at least go to a Chanel counter to swatch these! The price is certainly prohibitive but these are so unique and beautiful that I think they're worth it. Even if you don't end up buying one, it should be interesting to feel the texture of it.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Illusoire (very shimmery)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Illusoire

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Morning: Illusoire across lids, MUA Shade 11 on outer corner

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
After 6 hours: Illusoire across lids, MUA Shade 11 on outer corner

UPDATE 9/1

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Epatant

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Epatant paired with brown eyeshadow

1 comment:

  1. Just to let you know also that I've started following your blog. :) Checked out your profile. Eek, you live in San Francisco? I've been there twice and it's my favourite place in the world! I so wanna move there! By the way, out of curiousity, are you Korean? You look it, to me, but sometimes I'm still bad at telling fellow Asians apart. I grew up in a very Caucasian area. :D

    http://teacherteacherandlife.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete