Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Maybelline Dream Mousse Blush: Rose Petal

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Maybelline Dream Mousse Blush in Rose Petal

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Maybelline Dream Mousse Blush in Rose Petal

This post will conclude the series of items I've hit pan on that won't count toward my renewed Project Pan.

The Maybelline Dream Mousse Blush in Rose Petal is the first cream blush that I tried, and I have to say, I love it. The mousse texture is divine- very soft, smooth, and airy. It does not feel sticky or greasy, and I find it extremely easy to blend. If anything, it might blend away too easily so don't overdo it. I find that this blush is best applied with a synthetic brush. I use one from Real Techniques.

The color is really lovely, a rosy pink shot through with golden shimmer. I don't find the shimmer to be obvious once it is on the cheeks. The color is neither too dark nor too light. On me, it looks like the perfect hint of a natural-looking flush. I never have to worry about overdoing it with this shade because it never looks clownish. It is very wearable and goes well with just about every look because it is so natural. This shade probably won't show up on darker skin tones but it should be beautiful on light to medium skin.

If it isn't obvious already, I highly recommend this product! I think it is probably my favorite blush because it is the most natural-looking one that I own. I will be sad when I use it all up, but I have no doubt that I will be repurchasing it in the future.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Maybelline Dream Mousse Blush in Rose Petal

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Maybelline Dream Mousse Blush in Rose Petal (rosy pink with golden shimmer)

No comments:

Post a Comment