Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Chanel Nail Colour: Graphite

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Chanel Graphite

This is a nail color that I was very excited about. It looked so beautiful and unique in the swatches that I saw. I guess I am drawn to metallic finishes.

I still think the color is cool but I'm not as crazy about it as I thought I would be. I expected this to be a gunmetal gray but it actually has a strong green cast. I'm not sure if that's apparent in my photos. The shade includes abundant gold shimmer which I think yellows the color so much that it ends up looking green. Maybe that's just me.

Like Black Pearl (which I've reviewed here), the formula was a dream. Smooth application and fast dry time. I don't remember how long it has been since I applied it. Probably 5 days or so, and it has not chipped at all.

I thought the finish on this might be comparable to NYX's Sunday Afternoon (review here), which is a metallic/foil polish, but Graphite looks less like foil to me and more just metallic. I actually prefer the final color and finish of the NYX polish. I have to say, though, that Graphite's formula is far better (which it better be for the price!). While I did not have any problems with the application of the NYX polish, I did note that the initial coat was sparse and thin as it appeared to be a translucent base with glitter. Graphite, on the other hand, was dense with shimmer and showed up nearly opaque even with the first coat.

Graphite is, of course, a pricey polish at $25. While the color is not my personal favorite, its performance is stellar. I recommend it if you are attracted to the color, which is certainly complex and unique.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Chanel Graphite (natural light)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Chanel Graphite (with flash)

No comments:

Post a Comment