Saturday, July 16, 2011

NYX Nail Polish: Sunday Afternoon

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
NYX Sunday Afternoon

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Natural Light

I am loving this nail color by NYX in Sunday Afternoon. It is a metallic silver-pink with a foil-like appearance that I think is very cool!

The first coat was too sheer for the foil effect. I was actually surprised to see in the first coat that the polish was composed of glitter particles in a translucent base. I expected the formula to be denser, thicker, and opaque. However, the second coat gave my nails the look of foil so it was not difficult to achieve the desired appearance. I think the thin formula is probably preferable since it means that the coats dry more quickly and are easier to build.

Keeping it short and simple, I love this color and I definitely recommend it! Not only was it dirt cheap (<$2 on Cherry Culture), the formula was also easy to work with. This might be an odd comparison but it actually reminded me of Chanel's Graphite. I haven't had a chance to try Graphite out yet, but it too looks very metallic and foil-like. Sunday Afternoon could be an affordable option to see if you like that sort of effect.


Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Natural light

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
With flash

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Chanel Graphite, NYX Sunday Afternoon

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Chanel Graphite, NYX Sunday Afternoon

No comments:

Post a Comment