Monday, August 8, 2011

Boots Natural Collection: Willow, Milk Chocolate, Asteroid

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Clockwise from top: Milk Chocolate, Asteroid, Willow

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Clockwise from top: Milk Chocolate, Asteroid, Willow

I found these eyeshadows at Boots in London. They were extremely affordable at £1.79 (about $3). I, of course, bought three neutral shades in Willow, Milk Chocolate, and Asteroid.

Willow is a light shimmery nude shade. Milk Chocolate is a misnomer, in my opinion, because it looks to me like a deeper matte nude rather than a brown. Asteroid is a deeper brown with golden shimmer.

Willow is my favorite of the three. It comes off lighter on my skin that I would expect from just looking at it in the pot. It's a surprisingly nice brightening color. There are light cream shades that are too white or stark against my skin but Willow has enough nude tones in it that it's flattering. Willow is pigmented and smooth to apply as well. Unfortunately, I can't say the same for the other two. Milk Chocolate feels smooth and buttery but it comes off looking dry and chalky. Asteroid is not pigmented enough and is rather dry to the touch.

These colors make for a great neutral look and are extremely affordable but I would only recommend Willow. It's a very pretty brightening shade that I have not encountered before, which is surprising since it does not actually look very unique in the pot. I like how UK drugstores have testers for everything so definitely give it a try if you can.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
L-R: Willow, Milk Chocolate, Asteroid

No comments:

Post a Comment