Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Barry M Dazzle Dusts: 11, 25, 51, 53, 89, 97

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Barry M Dazzle Dusts
Top L-R: 25, 11, 51
Bottom L-R: 53, 89, 97

I had the good fortune to spend some time in Europe back in June (my first time off the continent!). We stopped a few days in London. I'm not going to lie; one of my top priorities was to pick up cosmetic items that I had been ogling for some time. Some of my favorite Youtubers are UK gurus
who use drugstore products that are not easy to get a hold of here. Our hotel was a block away from Superdrug and Boots so I happily indulged.

Here are the Barry M Dazzle Dusts that I brought home with me. I actually expected them to be cheaper but they were okay at 3 for £10 (~$16). The packaging doesn't indicate the amount of product but you get a little pot filled to the brim.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
L-R: 25, 11, 51, 53, 89, 97

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
L-R: 25, 11, 51, 53, 89, 97

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
L-R: 25, 11, 51, 53, 89, 97

25 Rust is an antique gold shade. 11 Charcoal is as its name indicates, a dark charcoal gray. 51 Mushroom is a gorgeous mauvey lilac color that has something very wearable about it. Lighter purples tend to scare me because I think most of them are very cool toned whereas Mushroom is not. I'd say it's a neutral shade. 53 Chocolate is a warm bronze brown shade with red tones. 89 Oyster Grey is another gorgeous one, a grayish purple with pink shimmer. 97 Dark Chocolate doesn't quite fit the name. To me, it looks like a dark charcoal gray with gold shimmer.

These were smooth to apply and nice to work with. They are very pigmented and blend without losing much intensity. I thought that they wore quite well, though they did fade over time as you can see in my pictures.

Overall, I do like these though I don't think that the products are exceptional in any way. If they were priced better, I would completely recommend them. At their current price (regularly price £4.59/$7.50 per jar), I would suggest that you look into shades that you find unique. For me, 51 Mushroom and 89 Oyster Grey were totally worth it. The colors are lovely and I don't think I have anything like them. I was shocked that I wore purple on my lids but there is a neutral quality to these colors that make them approachable. The other colors I could do without because I think they're easily duplicated.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
25: Rust

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
11: Charcoal

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
51: Mushroom

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
53: Chocolate

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
89: Oyster Grey

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
97: Dark Chocolate

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
51 in inner corner, 89 across lid, 53 on outer corner

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
After 10 hours: 51 in inner corner, 89 across lid, 53 on outer corner

No comments:

Post a Comment