Sunday, July 24, 2011

Chanel Nail Colour: Black Pearl

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Chanel Black Pearl

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Chanel Black Pearl (with flash)

I think Chanel's Black Pearl is a popular nail color that certainly does not need my review. I decided to do one anyway because I was amazed with how well this polish applied.

I assumed that the hype was over the color, which is beautiful. The shade is a deep pearly gray-green that really looks like black pearls! However, what impressed me even more was how quick the formula was to dry! I put it on two rather thick coats in a short amount of time. I was waiting to give them some time to dry before putting on the top coat when I unexpectedly learned that I had to go out to meet someone. I had applied the last coat only a couple of minutes before so I figured that my nails were certain to get ruined as I quickly dressed and left the house. Lo-and-behold, they did not! They had dried in about 5 minutes! This is not something I experience with other polishes as I frequently have problems with smudging and denting due to slow dry times with thicker coats (which I am prone to).

In summary, I feel justified in paying $25 for a nail polish. It is definitely pricey but the color is lovely and unique, and the formula is a dream. Plus it's Chanel. You can't expect a bargain. Still, I recommend it highly!

P.S. I did Google to see if there are any dupes out there, and I saw that someone found Black Pearl comparable to Revlon's Black with Envy. I have that color, though I haven't tried it yet. I will do a comparison sometime!

P.P.S. Notice the super adorable bunny ring holder?! It is too cute! Not only is it functional, it is also a sweet and affordable decorative item. If interested, it's sold at Urban Outfitters.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Chanel Black Pearl

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Chanel Black Pearl (natural light)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Chanel Black Pearl (with flash)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Chanel Black Pearl (sunlight)

No comments:

Post a Comment