Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Too Faced Glamour Dust: Glampire

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Too Faced Glampire

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Too Faced Glampire

Too Faced's Glamour Dust in Glampire is a gorgeous and complex shade that's rather difficult to describe. It's a deep mauve pink with intense glitter that ends up reminding me of a red/green duochrome. Hopefully you can see what I mean in my swatch photos. It is described by Too Faced as a "peacock brown," which reinforces my perception of this as a duochrome.

The application was quite nice. I was wary of applying a glitter, firstly because fallout seemed inevitable and secondly because I'm too old for glitter. However, I was pleasantly surprised on both fronts! The fallout was minimal when I applied this over a cream base (I can't remember which). I think I noticed only one stray glitter. I didn't find the glitter to be overwhelming either. The sparkle was lovely but I don't think it looked like I had dumped glitter all over my eyes. I think it's great how the glitter is combined with a shade that is neutral enough that it doesn't cry out for attention.

This is clearly a glitter shadow so one can't expect it not to sparkle. The color is beautiful and its formula is easy to work with, which is all you can really ask for. I got this on sale for $10 on Urban Outfitter's website, which I think is a great deal. It goes for $17 full-price, which I find to be pricey but the shade is unique enough that I think it can be justified. I personally would not pay full price just because I'm not someone who will reach for glitter very often. I have to say, though, that this is probably a great glitter shadow for people like me who like to play it safe because it is so neutral.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Too Faced Glampire

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Too Faced Glampire

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Glampire across lid with brown shadow on outer corner

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Glampire across lid with brown shadow on outer corner

No comments:

Post a Comment