Friday, August 26, 2011

Shiseido: Pureness Matifying Moisturizer

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Shiseido Pureness Matifying Moisturizer

I used up the last of my Shiseido Pureness Matifying Moisturizer a while back. I used this moisturizer exclusively for years, all throughout college and beyond. I was mainly attracted to it because it was oil-free and very light. It dried quickly and didn't leave my skin feeling sticky, which I hated about the lotions that I tried before it. This was also important to me because I wore Bare Minerals exclusively for a long time. Powders do not apply well over thick, greasy lotions so it was nice to have one that was so light.

The texture is like that of a serum. It's sort of a watery, not at all a cream but not quite a gel. This is the only moisturizer I've tried with this sort of consistency. It was good for fast dry-time but unfortunately, it was not heavy enough to moisturize in any substantial way. I liked the scent of it, which is fresh and clean.

Though I was loyal to this product for a long time, I know now that there are better moisturizers out there. I wasn't in the habit of trying out different products when I was a college student so I stuck by what I knew. However, I have since found lotions that do so much more to make my skin feel moisturized and smooth without leaving behind sticky or greasy residue. By comparison, Shiseido Pureness was too light to provide the sort of moisture that my skin needs. It also claims to be matifying but I don't recall that this was the case. I get oily in the T-zone as the day progresses and I have yet to find a product that prevents that.

This moisturizer is marketed to teens with oily skin so if you're in that demographic, then this is not a bad one to try. It feels light and clean but I am pretty certain that it will not prevent shine. It will not be ideal if you often have dry skin like I do because this lotion will not do enough to moisturize it. It retails for $33 for 1.6 oz, which should last you a good while. Based on my own experiences, I would suggest that if you have combination skin where you get oily in the T-zone but dry elsewhere, give Philosophy's Hope in a Jar or Rare Minerals' Purely Nourishing Facial Moisturizer a try as these work well for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment