Sunday, August 28, 2011

Korres Eyeshadow: Base, Grey Brown Base, Gold, Golden Bronze, Brown, Brun, Silver, Dark Grey, Purple, Plum

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Korres Eyeshadows

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Top L-R: Base (12S), Grey Brown Base (18S), Gold (24S), Golden Bronze (27S), Brown (35M)
Bottom L-R: Brun (36), Silver (51), Dark Grey (54S), Purple (75S), Plum (77S)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Top L-R: Base (12S), Grey Brown Base (18S), Gold (24S), Golden Bronze (27S), Brown (35M)
Bottom L-R: Brun (36), Silver (51), Dark Grey (54S), Purple (75S), Plum (77S)

I got these Korres eyeshadows on super sale! I don't know the exact prices anymore because they're not indicated on my invoice, but I basically got ten eyeshadows and a lipstick for $53.50. Ridiculous!

What's even better is that the quality is wonderful. There isn't much to say other than that they're pigmented, smooth, buttery, and blendable. Everything you'd want from a quality product. The only exception is Silver, which did not yield great color payoff on swatching. I'm not sure how it will wear on the lids so I'll have to see.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Top: Base, Grey Brown Base
Bottom: Gold, Golden Bronze

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Brown, Brun, Silver

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Dark Grey, Purple, Plum

All of mine are shimmery, other than Brown, which is a matte. Base (12S) is one of my favorites. It is a light grayish-beige with subtle pearlescent pink cast, which I think is rather unique. Grey Brown Base (18S) is my favorite of the bunch, a beautiful mid-tone taupe. It is as described, a gray brown that will lean gray or brown depending on how you pair it. I like how it's a taupe that does not have purple undertones. Gold (24S) is a very light golden beige that makes it a great neutral. Golden Bronze (27S) is exactly as described. Brown (35M) is a deep matte charcoal brown that is cool-toned but I'm sure it'll work on all skin tones. Brun (36) is beautiful, a deep warm brown with red undertones. Silver (51) looks cool-toned in the pan but when swatched, it is very light, almost white. For that reason, I think it will work well across skin tones. Its pigmentation upon swatching is weak compared to the others. Dark Grey (54S) is very pretty and as described. Purple (75S) is a light violet, and Plum (77S) is as described, a deep plum purple.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Base, Grey Brown Base, Gold, Golden Bronze, Brown, Brun, Silver, Dark Grey, Purple, Plum

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Base, Grey Brown Base, Gold, Golden Bronze, Brown

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Brown, Brun, Silver, Dark Grey, Purple, Plum

Sadly, it looks as if these eyeshadows have been phased out of their product line because I can't find them on the Korres website and Sephora only offers them as part of a value set. I suppose that's why I got them at such a steep discount. I believe they were regularly $16, which is rather pricey. Perhaps that is why they did not sell well. I am very happy that I got them at the price that I did because these are excellent eyeshadows. If you can find Grey Brown, then that is definitely the one that I recommend! Taupe-lovers should be thrilled. Base is a good one too because I believe it is a unique shade. The other colors are nice but easily replicated.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Grey Brown across lids

1 comment:

  1. I'm loving Korres eyeshadows!
    Here is my review on them

    http://kitschsnitch.blogspot.com.au/2012/06/korres-collections.html

    ReplyDelete