Monday, August 22, 2011

NYX Lip Lacquer Pot: Okie Dokie Artichokie

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
NYX Okie Dokie Artichokie

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
NYX Okie Dokie Artichokie

NYX's Lip Lacquer Pot in Okie Dokie Artichokie is a medium neutral pink with flecks of gold shimmer. The color is sheer when applied to the lips, adding just a touch of color. It is, however, very thick and glossy. I find it to be rather sticky when first applied but it feels better as it warms on my lips. Because this is thick and sticky, I don't like it in pot form because I don't prefer to get it on my fingers. It lasts a few hours, maybe 2-3, which is how I find most lip products tend to wear on me.

There's nothing really special about this product. From what I recall, I believe that this is the most neutral shade in the range. However, it hardly adds pigment to the lips so there isn't much difference from a clear gloss. I don't think it is worth looking into, especially for $6. There are cheaper glosses with more to offer in the way of color and finish than this one.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Nude lips

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
NYX Okie Dokie Artichokie

No comments:

Post a Comment