Friday, August 26, 2011

Urban Outfitters Nail Lacquer: Barstool

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Urban Outfitters Barstool

I just got a bunch of nail polishes from Urban Outfitters in colors that I'm quite excited about. Two of them look like potential dupes for some more expensive polishes. I'll provide sneak peeks below, though I'll do individual reviews when I actually try the other shades.

The one I have on is Barstool, a medium grayed blue in a creme/jelly finish. I'm really loving grayed hues. I think that quality neutralizes colors that would normally intimidate me.

The formula was quite sheer and seemed a bit slow to dry but I used Seche Vite to speed things up. It's definitely not the greatest formula I've tried because it was sheer and sort of gloppy. However, I don't personally care too much as long as I get the finish that I want.

At 2 for $8, or $5 regular price, these polishes are not going to hurt your wallet. The formula is not ideal but I love the color selection, which is what I care most about. I think they're worth checking out!

P.S. I love the names of these colors too.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Urban Outfitters Barstool (natural light)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Urban Outfitters Barstool (with flash)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Urban Outfitters Nail Lacquers: Dust, Afterhours, Barstool, Ashtray

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Urban Outfitters Dust

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Urban Outfitters Dust on pinky

Dust is a deeper blue sheer base with lots and lots of silver sparkle, including regular and larger hexagonal glitters. It looks to me like Deborah Lippmann's Today Was a Fairytale, although I don't actually have that polish to do a direct comparison. Based on swatches online, I'm thinking that Dust may be more opaque than the Deborah Lippmann polish. That would make it a worthwhile dupe at $4/5, compared to $20 for Today Was a Fairytale! I only have this color on my pinkies, layered over Barstool, so I'm not sure how this would look worn alone. I did find this formula to dry more quickly than Barstool, and it was less gloppy as well.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Urban Outfitters Afterhours

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Urban Outfitters Afterhours

Afterhours is a dazzling holographic-looking pink. Instant mood-booster! I'm excited to try it.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Urban Outfitters Ashtray

Ashtray is a pearlescent green-black that looks like it may be a dupe for Chanel's Black Pearl, which I've reviewed previously. I'll see how well it compares and report back!

1 comment: