Friday, March 8, 2013

Lorac: Behind the Scenes Eye Shadow Primer

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Lorac Eye Shadow Primer (all packaging text rubbed off)

Here is my last post from May 2012:

After I used up my Urban Decay Primer Potion (review here), I turned to Lorac's Behind the Scenes Eye Shadow Primer (Project Pan Item #26), which came as part of the Little Black Palette. When I first started using this, I was carrying it around as part of my travel case because it was so small and compact. This meant that I had it on during long flights, at the end of which I'd often find my eye makeup creased. For this reason, I have to say that Lorac's primer cannot hold up to extreme conditions.

I did not have the best impression of this primer after my experiences traveling with it. I tried going without primer after I ran out of UDPP because I figured the Lorac primer was not going to do anything for me anyway. However, I soon learned that I was wrong to think that I don't need primer because my eyeshadow began to crease. I gave the Lorac primer another try and I was pleasantly surprised to find that when used as part of my normal, everyday routine, it did help to enhance my eye makeup. It is an acceptable primer in the way it improves adhesion and wear of shadows.

I have a mini tube of the primer so I'm not sure if the full-size version is the same. Mine came as a squeeze tube. The product itself is a lot thicker than UDPP and it is prone to getting goopy and hardening around the opening. It can get quite messy as the goop builds up so this is something I take issue with.

In summary, I feel that the Lorac eye primer is a decent product but I feel that UDPP is superior. I prefer the consistency of UDPP, which glides on easily and leaves a thin, smooth veil, as opposed to the thick and more sticky feel of the Lorac primer. I also feel that UDPP works better overall to enhance the wear of eye makeup. The Lorac primer is $21 for 0.47oz, while UDPP is $20 for 0.37oz. or $30 for 0.85oz (the professional size). I'd completely recommend that you go for the professional size of UDPP if you're deciding between these primers.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Goopy buildup around the opening

No comments:

Post a Comment