Wednesday, March 27, 2013

fresh Sugar: Lip Treatment SPF 15

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
fresh Sugar Lip Treatment

I received the fresh Sugar Lip Treatment (Project Pan Item #34) as part of Sephora's birthday gift. It also came with the a tinted one (I think the rose shade) but sadly, I can't find that one anymore.

This lip treatment was extremely soft, which made it feel great on the lips but also made for a mess in application. My tube broke several times because the balm is hardly solid. The product would melt onto the sides of the bullet and it was too easy to over-apply onto the lips because it was so soft that it'd just glop right on. Given its consistency, I think this lip treatment would have been better off in pot form.

As for its performance as a lip treatment, I do feel that it is a very nice balm that's soft and soothing on dry, chapped lips. It's quite slippery, almost like Vaseline but a bit waxier so that it holds onto the lips better than petroleum jelly. It also smells great- a fresh, fruity scent that I can't otherwise describe.

The packaging is gorgeous and luxe, featuring a sturdy metal tube with a cap that twists on and off for secure closure. However, I found that a lot of the product was buried within the bullet. Once you use up the product so that it's flat and can't roll up any further, there is still quite a bit of product that you can reach if you dip your finger or a cotton tip into the bullet.

This product retails for $22.50, which I think is ludicrous for a lip balm. While it's a great lip moisturizer, it's hardly enough to warrant that price. I feel like a lot of the money is going toward the pretty packaging, which to me is silly. I'm glad I got to try it but I would not purchase this on my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment