Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Sally Hansen Salon Effects Nail Polish Strips: Misbehaved

Sally Hansen Nail Strips in Misbehaved

Contents: cuticle stick, nail strip, and nail file

I've had these Sally Hansen nail strips sitting around for quite a while now. I finally decided to give them a go and I am pleased with the results!

Misbehaved is a taupey-golden shimmery base with black snakeskin design. It has a cool lace or fishnet look about it.

Each pack comes with two separately packaged sets of 8 strips each (16 strips total). The 8 strips are of various sizes. It also comes with a cuticle stick and a mini nail file with three different textures. The hot pink side is a course file, while the pale pink portion is a finer grit for filing off the excess strip. The back white side is for buffing the nails.

The strips were foolproof to use. I expected to have trouble because things are rarely as simple as the directions would lead you to believe. Not the case with these! You just follow the instructions exactly as they're laid out: remove the backing and plastic covering from the strip; apply to nail; smooth it down; then file off excess. The strips aren't so sticky that they can't be manipulated but they do adhere nicely once you smooth them down.

Each strip is quite long and my nails are short, so I was able to use one strip for two nails. For example, I used one pinky-sized strip for both of my pinkies. If your nails are short enough that one strip is able to cover two, then I'd suggest cutting the strip in half. I was able to complete both hands with just one of the packaged sets. That means I still have 8 strips left in the unopened package, which will provide me with another complete manicure.

I believe that once the packages are opened, the strips will dry out because they are real polish. I imagine that this is why it tells you to discard any open, unused strips. This is too bad because I could have gotten 3 complete manicures (with 15 strips) if there was no issue with drying, or if these were packaged differently (perhaps each strip individually).

These retail for about $8-9. I think they're good if you're looking for nail design without any of the hassle of doing it yourself. I don't think they're worth it if you purchase the solid color ones because you might as well just paint your own nails in that case. While these offer ease and convenience, I feel that 1-2 solid color manicures for $9 is a lot when you can pay $5 for countless manicures from a bottle of polish.

Misbehaved (natural light)

Misbehaved (with flash)

UPDATE:

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Photographed 12 days later

The box claims 10 days of wear. As you can see, this manicure held up pretty well. After 12 days, there was wear at the tips but the body of the polish remained intact. I am pleased with the results!

No comments:

Post a Comment