Friday, March 8, 2013

Rock & Republic Eye Colour: Diffused, Sabotage, Vintage, Exile

Rock & Republic Eye Colours

L-R: Diffused, Sabotage, Vintage, Exile

L-R: Diffused, Sabotage, Vintage, Exile

I went crazy and bought a bunch of these R&R eyeshadows way back when during a Hautelook sale. I don't know if they still do them but they were quite the hype at the time.

I essentially shop my own makeup collection whenever I come home now so these were the four I picked to bring back with me to Boston. Diffused is a cool-toned mauve-taupe that looks like a satin in the pan but comes off matte on the skin. Sabotage is a lovely warm, satin-finish nude sort of shade. I think it is a great neutral, and it is one of my favorites of my R&R shadows. Vintage is my other favorite. It's a nice matte medium brown that's just slightly warm. Lastly, Exile is a coppery-orange in a satin finish. It is the most pigmented out of this bunch.

I can't say that I am overly impressed with the R&R eyeshadows. They're quite dry and for that reason, they don't offer the greatest pigmentation. The color can, however, be built up. In general, there's nothing particularly special about them other than the fancy packaging, which may be posh but is also rather bulky. Don't feel bad if you missed out on these.

Sabotage across lid, Vintage on outer half

No comments:

Post a Comment