Monday, April 15, 2013

MUA Eyeshadow Palette: Heaven and Earth

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
MUA Heaven and Earth Palette

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
MUA Heaven and Earth Palette

MUA had a sale back in November and free international shipping to boot so I went ahead and treated myself. I justified it by telling myself I had to replace my beloved MUA shadow in Shade 11 (reviewed here) anyway after it fell and crumbled into pieces. I decided I might as well get the palettes I'd long been interested in too.

The Heaven and Earth palette includes 12 dime-sized shadows in a lovely array of neutrals. All of them are satin finish, some with more shimmer than others. They're similar to the individual eyeshadows (same review as linked above) in that they feel like pressed pigments but these are drier and less creamy to the touch. Even so, they wear beautifully with good pigmentation. They blend like a dream.

The most impressive thing about this palette are the colors. They're beautiful and more dimensional than I expected. Some of them have very subtle duochrome to them, which I will point out in the shade descriptions below. These are all neutral-to-warm, which suits me perfectly as I'm not so into cool tones these days. There's an excellent range of shades from light to medium to dark so the palette is extremely versatile.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Swatched in same order as palette

Row 1 (L-R):
Shade 1- a creamy ivory.
Shade 2*- a warm medium red-brown.
Shade 3- a golden tan.
Shade 4- a light pink with perhaps a very subtle violet flash.
Shade 5- a deep brown with with subtle pink-violet flash.
Shade 6- an orange copper.

Row 2 (L-R):
Shade 7*- a gorgeous brown with mauve tones.
Shade 8*- a pretty pinkish-brown nude shade.
Shade 9- a light pink champagne; similar to Shade 4 but much more pigmented and with more silver frost.
Shade 10*- a beautiful violet taupe-brown.
Shade 11*- a deeper warm red-brown compared to Shade 2.
Shade 12: a more violet deep brown version of Shade 5. It's like the baby of Shades 5 and 10.

*Indicates a favorite shade of mine.

I really have to say that MUA continues to impress me. This palette is incredible in and of itself for the color range and the quality of the shadows. Then take into account that it's only £4 (equivalent to $6) and it's beyond amazing. I highly recommend it. The only downside to it that I can think of is that it doesn't include matte shades. I don't mind that at all but I know that's an important consideration for some people.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Heaven and Earth eye look (I think with Shades 2, 4, 8, and 11)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Heaven and Earth eye look (I think with Shades 2, 4, 8, and 11)

No comments:

Post a Comment