Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Bare Minerals Big & Bright Eyeliner: Intense Black

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Bare Minerals Big & Bright Eyeliner in Intense Black

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Bare Minerals Big & Bright Eyeliner in Intense Black

Project Pan Item #37: Bare Minerals Big & Bright Eyeliner in Intense Black

I got this eyeliner as part of a Sephora set that had these pencils in various shades. Intense Black is a dark, matte black that is smooth and creamy. Even so, when swatching, I found that it skipped a bit on the first swipe so that I had to go over it a second and third time to build up to a nice, even color. I can't speak to how it works as a stand-alone liner because I always use gel liner as my main liner (I like the control and precision I get from using a liner brush), and I top that with other liners (like this one) to fill in the sparse areas that are tugged off after I use my eyelash curler. For that purpose, this liner worked just fine. It intensified the darkness of my liner and wore well throughout the day. It did not flake off or smudge when topped over gel liner. I did find, however, that my hand swatch didn't set. It smudged easily when I rubbed it.

This comes in roll-up packaging that is convenient as it negates the need for sharpeners. I didn't find the liner to dry out over time as the cap snapped on snugly.

This product has been discontinued so I guess this review is mostly for me to record a Project Pan item. I can't advise on how this works when worn alone. All in all, I don't think I'd recommend if you happen to stumble upon it on eBay or Amazon because I feel there are drugstore options out there that are just as good (such as the Milani liner).

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Intense Black

No comments:

Post a Comment