Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Femme Couture Mineral Effects Baked Eye Colour: Creme Brulee

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Femme Couture Baked Eye Colour in Creme Brulee

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Femme Couture Baked Eye Colour in Creme Brulee

Femme Couture's Creme Brulee eyeshadow is one of my all-time favorites. I don't even know how to explain the beauty of this shade. It's a very simple warm peachy nude that has just the right amount of shimmer. Paired with my other favorite eyeshadow, The Body Shop's Taupe, it is just perfect for an understated yet radiant and polished eye look. Creme Brulee and Taupe were my go-to eye colors last year in the spring and summer, and they're back again as I eagerly await spring's arrival to Boston.

The formula of the shadow is a dream. Very smooth, pigmented, and it blends beautifully. It also seems to have magical lasting power. Like I said, I used it religiously last year but I don't even notice a dent in it, whereas I've already hit pan on Taupe, which I almost always use alongside with it.

This is a baked shadow so I believe it may be worn wet or dry, but I've only applied it dry.

I found this at a Sally's Beauty Supply. I had never heard of the brand before so I decided to give it a try. I'm so happy that I did. It retails for $7.99 for 2.2g of product, compared to MAC's $15 for 1.5g. Great deal for an amazing eyeshadow. I'd definitely repurchase this if/when I run out.


Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Creme Brulee

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Creme Brulee on inner half, Body Shop's Taupe on outer half

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Same look as above but on different day so that you can see variation in coloring due to lighting

No comments:

Post a Comment