Friday, April 5, 2013

Essie: Bikini So Teeny

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Essie's Bikini So Teeny

I'd been wanting Essie's Bikini So Teeny since last summer but never spotted it in stores. I finally found it earlier in March displayed along with the permanent collection so I treated myself.

Sadly, I don't love the color against my skin. In the bottle, Bikini So Teeny looks like a lovely spring shade of slightly-periwinkle blue. However, on me, it's very bright and a bit obnoxious whereas I was expecting something more muted and pastel. I think it clashes with my yellow undertones. Also, in the bottle, you can see that it has shimmer. However, I was unable to detect any shimmer once I applied it to my nails.

This didn't work for me but I think it might be pretty against pinker skin tones.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Bikini So Teeny (natural light)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Bikini So Teeny (with flash)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Shimmer in bottle

No comments:

Post a Comment