Monday, July 11, 2011

Essie: Too Too Hot

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Essie Too Too Hot

Oh my! I have a gazillion things I want to review, but I have too many other things on my plate. I figured this one would be a quick, easy post so I might as well.

I was never keen on bright red polishes but that changed recently, probably because I saw how nice it looked on other girls. I picked up this Essie polish in Too Too Hot, thinking it might be worth a try. I got it at Walgreens, where it came in a set with some toe separators. They were a nice little addition. I don't paint my toes but I might give it a try now.

Too Too Hot is a very bright red that can look quite orange. At times, it looks even like a neon coral- that is how bright this shade is. I wasn't thrilled about it in the first day or so after application. However, the color is either growing on me or it has toned down in the process of dulling with wear. Whatever the case, it looks less orange to me now and more like a true red, which I like.

I've tried a few Essie polishes and I do like their formula. This is the first creme finish shade that I've tried, and I did feel that it was less quick to try than the shimmery formulas. Still, I got opaque coverage with the first coat. I added a second just out of habit. I like the glossy finish.

Overall, this is not a shade that I personally love. It is not bad but I'm sure there are better bright red options out there that don't have that a strong orange cast to them. If you like that quality, then Too Too Hot might be for you. As far as the performance of the polish, it is definitely as nice as you would expect from a beloved brand like Essie. Whether or not you want to check this out is really a matter of color preference.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Natural Light

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
With flash

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Brighter depiction of polish

No comments:

Post a Comment