Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Philosophy: Eye Hope

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Philosophy Eye Hope

This product is one that I used up a while back and have been meaning to review as part of my failed Project Pan. Eye Hope is supposed to be an "advanced anti-aging eye cream" that, according to Sephora's website, claims to "diminish dark circles, reduce puffiness, and minimize the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. A dose of antioxidants fortifies skin against future damage."

I am still quite young and I don't spend a lot of time in the sun, so I'm lucky not to have a problem with fine lines or wrinkles yet. Consequently, I can't attest to the product's claims that it will minimize fine lines or wrinkles. I do have dark shadows under my eyes that nothing seems to help with. I think they are the result of my facial structure so I don't hold it against the product. Lastly, I don't often have a problem with puffiness but when I do, I take a cold spoon to my eye to reduce the swelling and that usually does the trick. Hence, it is hard for me to confirm or refute Eye Hope's claim about puffiness. If anything, I guess the product doesn't help reduce swelling when the spoon method can't completely take care of it.

That being said, I do think that Eye Hope is a nice eye cream in that it has a light, moisturizing formula. I like it for a daytime eye cream because it blends out easily and doesn't leave behind any oily residue. It leaves the skin feeling soft and smooth. You can test it on the back of your hand and definitely feel the difference. It is harder for me to tell the difference in my eye area because the skin there is already so soft, but the effect on the back of my hand is certainly impressive. It leaves me to believe that it must do the same for the eye. Another strong point is that a little product goes a long way. Lastly, the pump is a nice touch since you don't need to worry about dipping your fingers into a pot.

At $48 for the full-size 0.5 oz bottle, I do feel that Eye Hope is a bit expensive. To be fair, the price is comparable to the those of other higher end eye creams. My recommendation is that if you're interested in trying out Eye Hope and the other Hope range of products, then you should check out a Philosophy value set that Ulta has for sale. It goes for $40 and includes a 0.25 oz bottle of Eye Hope, which I think is a great deal. (The set also includes Hope in a Jar and the Hope in a Tinted Moisturizer, both of which I like and will be reviewing soon!) I personally would repurchase Eye Hope and I have, in the Ulta set. I do recommend it. It is one of the top two eye creams that I have tried, though my favorite is Estee Lauder's Night Repair Eye (again, review coming soon). Definitely check out the value set if you're at all interested in giving Eye Hope a try!

No comments:

Post a Comment