Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Victoria's Secret Silky Eye Shadow: Lose Control, Provocateur, Between the Sheets

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Victoria's Secret Silky Eye Shadows in (L-R) Lose Control, Provocateur, Between the Sheets

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
(L-R) Lose Control, Provocateur, Between the Sheets

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
(L-R) Lose Control, Provocateur, Between the Sheets

I was so excited about these Victoria's Secrets Silky Eye Shadows when I purchased them (quite a while back) because they are amazing to swatch. Very smooth with lovely pigmentation. The texture reminds me of L'oreal's Infallible Eye Shadows in that they're creamy powder shadows that seem almost like pressed pigments. In addition, the colors are beautiful. Lose Control is a deep warm brown in the Sparkle finish, which means that it has shimmer particles (though nothing crazy). Provocateur is a peachy pink, also in the Sparkle finish. Between the Sheets is a taupe-brown in the Lustre formulation, which gives it a satin finish.

Oddly, these apply much more sheer to the lids than compared to the way they swatch. I really have to pack the shadows onto my brushes in order to ensure that I deliver enough color to my lids. For the lightest shade, Provocateur, I also have to go over the color several times in order to build it up to how I like it. While these shadows require a bit more effort, I do like the way they end up looking. They're very easy to blend and melt seamlessly into one another. They're also long lasting when layered over a cream shadow base like a MAC Paint Pot (I've yet to try them without).

At $12 each for .11 oz of product (about double the amount in a MAC shadow), I feel that these are well-priced. While they require some work to build up pigmentation, it doesn't take too much extra effort as long as you load your brushes up well. In the end, they have a nice effect and look pretty. If anything, I recommend checking out the darker shades since they're better pigmented.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Provocateur across inner half, Between the Sheets on outer half, and Lose Control along the lashline (before blending)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Provocateur across inner half, Between the Sheets on outer half, and Lose Control along the lashline (final look after blending)


Image and video hosting by TinyPic
After 9 hours of wear

No comments:

Post a Comment