Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Bare Minerals Prime Time: Champagne Toast

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Prime Time in Champagne Toast

Bare Minerals Prime Time in Champagne Toast is a colored eyeshadow primer in a shimmery light taupe-brown shade. It can be worn in a sheer wash of shimmer or built up further for full pigmentation. The color is beautiful and great for a wide variety of neutral looks. It reminded me of Maybelline's Bad to the Bronze cream shadow (reviewed here) so I swatched them together for comparison. As you can see, Maybelline's Bad to the Bronze is warmer and more brown while Champagne Toast has strong gray and pink tones to it. I  feel that they look quite similar in wear though.

It comes in a little squeeze tube, which is convenient for hygiene and controlling how much product you pick up. The formula is nice and creamy but dries down to a budge-proof state. Important to note is that I experience a slight burning sensation as this product dries down. I'm not sure why that is, nor do I recall experiencing this with other eye products. However, the sensation is short-lived, nor do I see any visible irritation to my eyelids after wear, so I do plan to continue using this product. It wears well throughout the day without fading, smudging, or creasing.

While the color is totally up my alley and the product works just fine, I do worry about the burning that occurs as this product sets. Strangely enough, I don't experience it when swatching it on my hands. This is likely because the skin on my hands is far less delicate than my eyelids. Who knows? I feel like this problem might affect only me. I can't knock the product otherwise so go for it if you're looking for a pretty eyeshadow base that can double as a standalone eye color.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
L-R: Prime Time in Champagne Toast; Maybelline's Bad to the Bronze

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Champagne Toast across lids

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Finished look
(Sorry, I can't remember which shadows I used over the top. I think I only put a darker shadow along the outer edges. )

No comments:

Post a Comment