Friday, February 8, 2013

Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure: Glitter Party

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Sally Hansen's Glitter Party

Like Earl Grey, Sally Hansen's Glitter Party is one that I had been eyeing for quite a while. In the bottle, it's a  super sparkly silver with what looks to me like a slight hint of taupe (I seem to have a tendency to see purple/taupe undertones in gray colors). On the nail, however, it looks like true silver. The coats go on evenly and dry quickly so application is nice and easy. The first coat is sheer and a bit streaky so you definitely want to apply at least two coats to build up density. Rather than being glossy, it has sort of a matte finish and gives a foiled effect. All in all, it wasn't the color that I was expecting since I was hoping for something more taupe but it's a good polish if you're looking for a foiled silver.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Sally Hansen's Glitter Party (in lamp light)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Sally Hansen's Glitter Party (in lamp light with flash)

UPDATE: I was studying my nails when I noticed that there were red specks amongst the silver! This may explain the very subtle purple/taupe tone that I was picking up on.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Close-up of red flecks in polish

No comments:

Post a Comment