Thursday, December 29, 2011

Essie: Grow Faster

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Essie Grow Faster

For a while there, my nails were quite weak and prone to breakage. I could hardly grow them out because they'd soon begin to peel. I bought Essie's Grow Faster as a remedy, and I have to say I like it.

I'm not sure anymore why I decided to get Grow Faster when I probably should've gotten something for strength instead. Still, this has been sufficing as I have found my nails to grow longer and stronger than before. While they do still peel, it happens at the point where I've always found my nails to give out, whereas my nails were breaking much sooner during that bad period. My nails haven't broken in a very long time, so Grow Faster may have helped with that. Ironically, I'm not sure about faster growth. Since I was looking more to prevent weak nails, I haven't paid much heed to growth time. It may speed things up a bit, but not noticeably so.

The formula is a thin green lacquer that dries very quickly, and is thus very easy to use. I use it as my base coat because I do believe that it strengthens my nails, so I might as well paint it on if I'm going to bother with polish at all. I believe I got this last winter so I have been using it for quite a long time. Even so, there is still a lot of product left. Because the formula is so thin and liquid, you don't pick up or use very much at a time. A bottle should last a long time, which I think is another plus.

I believe I got this for about $8 at Target, which is the standard price of an Essie polish. I have found it to strengthen my nails so that they grow longer before peeling, and it seems to have stopped breakage. The formula is a breeze to work with and should last you a long time. I do recommend this product if you're suffering from weak, brittle nails that refuse to grow.

UPDATE 1/27

I decided to test Grow Faster to see if it does what its name claims. I used Grow Faster as the base coat on my left hand and Seche Bright (a nail whitening treatment) on the right. As you can hopefully see, Grow Faster did not enhance the rate of nail growth on the left hand. To be fair, this may be because I've been using Grow Faster as my base coat on both hands for many, many months, so its effect may linger on on the right side. Even so, I am not convinced that this does anything to speed up nail growth.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Nails on Jan 12th with Essie Grow Faster on left hand

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Nails on Jan 19th with Essie Grow Faster on left hand

No comments:

Post a Comment