Saturday, November 19, 2011

Sephora by OPI Nail Colour: Wild About Shimmer

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Sephora by OPI Wild About Shimmer (with flash)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Sephora by OPI Wild About Shimmer (natural light)

Wild About Shimmer is a decadently shimmery polish with particles that reflect like moonstone or opals, in shades of gold, pink, and green. It is definitely beautiful. Layered over a dark polish, the shimmer is predominantly golden-toned. I wore it over L'oreal's Owl's Lust, a vampy red shade from their Project Runway collection. I thought that they looked quite festive together, and rather appropriate for the upcoming holidays.

It is difficult for me to comment on the wear of this polish. I experienced chipping more quickly than normal. I can't say for sure if that is due to the L'oreal red polish, Wild About Shimmer, or the Sally Hansen topcoat. I suspect that it is most likely due to the topcoat. I normally use Seche Vite and get at least a good week of wear with my polishes.

If you like the effect of this polish, then definitely go for it. At $9.50 a bottle, I do find it to be a bit pricey. However, the only drugstore alternative that I can think of is a limited edition Sally Hansen polish (Hidden Treasure) that went for $8, but the particles were different and I don't think it's available anymore. Wild About Shimmer should be readily available, and at a decent price point.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Wild about Shimmer layered over L'oreal's Owl's Lust (with flash)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Wild about Shimmer layered over L'oreal's Owl's Lust (natural light)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
L'oreal's Owl's Lust

UPDATE 12/2/11:

I used this polish again, this time over a pearlescent whitish-pink shade that has similar tones to Wild About Shimmer. You can see that when used in this way, Wild About Shimmer looks much softer.
I used the Seche Vite topcoat this time and my polish is holding strong, so I will blame the chipping from last time on the Sally Hansen topcoat!
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Wild About Shimmer over Gap polish (with flash)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Wild About Shimmer over Gap polish (natural light)

No comments:

Post a Comment