Sunday, November 20, 2011

Revlon PhotoReady Foundation: Nude

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Revlon PhotoReady Foundation in Nude

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Revlon PhotoReady Foundation in Nude

I am quite proud that I made it through a bottle of foundation! That sounds silly, I know, but I'm just amazed at how much my makeup routine has changed over the last year. I had always feared liquid foundation because of the great risks involved in color matching and proper blending. I finally took the plunge with Revlon's PhotoReady foundation, which I began testing last year in December. I have to say, I love it!

I purchased two shades, Shell and Nude. Shell is the lighter one that I started off wearing first. However, I switched to Nude after I got a bit of sun. I even had to start mixing in a bit of a dark tinted moisturizer after my vacation! Nude is near finished now.

The PhotoReady foundation is quite liquid and blendable. It glides over the skin very nicely and leaves a lovely, dewy finish with medium coverage. I don't find that it looks heavy or cakey. I know that the light reflective particles in it turn some people off but I don't find them to be noticeable. They brighten the complexion without looking shimmery. The foundation also contains SPF 20, which is great! I know that SPF can cause white cast in flash photography but I have not really tested that out. I don't notice my skin looking odd in pictures so I think (and hope) that there isn't any problem there. I do have combination skin that gets oily in the T-zone. I don't find the foundation to break apart as the oil develops but the foundation does nothing to mattify or prevent oil from showing. I never expected it to so I don't mind this, but this may not be the best foundation for people with oily skin.

The packaging is nice and sturdy with a pump. One pump is enough for me to cover my face. The only qualm I have is that the last bit of foundation is hard to get. It also appears to be more liquid in consistency towards the end. It still works fine but it is slightly different.

I have very limited experience with liquid foundations so my knowledge is not vast or profound, but I personally love this foundation and recommend it highly! I know that the kind of foundation people go for will depend on their skin type and needs. This one is great for people with relatively clear skin who just need to even and brighten their complexion without looking heavily made up. These sell for around $13-14, which I find to be pricey for a drugstore product. However, Walgreens frequently has Buy 1, Get 1 50% Off deals on Revlon. I would take advantage of that to buy two shades so that you can make sure you have the one that's right for you, or maybe even mix them to get the best match. I think it'll be worth it!

No comments:

Post a Comment