Thursday, September 15, 2011

Rare Minerals: Purely Nourishing Facial Moisturizer

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Rare Minerals Purely Nourishing Facial Moisturizer

I was not prepared to learn that I had run out of this moisturizer. As you can see, the packaging is not see-through so there was no way for me to know! The bottle is sleek and pretty, sort of iridescent, but I do wish that I could see the amount of product inside.

I don't have much to say about this product other than that I liked it. It was a nice, smooth cream moisturizer that kept my skin happy. It dried quickly without leaving any greasy or sticky residue. It's not a heavy moisturizer by any means. I think it's somewhere between a light and medium-weight formula. It does have a light scent. I always thought mine smelled a bit like it had soured but it was not unpleasant, just a little off. The product still worked nicely and my skin did not have any bad reaction so I think it was probably fine.

It claims to have "skin-renewing benefits" that will make skin look healthier and more vibrant but I cannot vouch for those. I'm still relatively young so it's hard for me to say.

They've since changed their packaging and formula. Mine does not specify the skin type it is designed for but the new ones come in two forms, one for combination skin and the other for normal-to-dry. I don't know what else has changed about the formulas so I can't really make a recommendation. I like what I had and would be open to trying the one for combination skin.

No comments:

Post a Comment