Monday, November 21, 2011

Philosophy: Purity Cleanser

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Philosophy Purity Cleanser

I finally used up the last of my Purity cleanser. My 4 oz bottle lasted me a good, long while. I used it almost daily from the beginning of the year until September .

I don't have very much to say about it other than that it is nice, light cleanser. It is refreshing but I don't feel that it offers a deep clean. I never came away with the squeaky clean feeling. For that reason, I used it as part of my morning routine when my face was void of makeup or other products. The directions suggest use for both morning and night since this is advertised as a "one-step facial cleanser." I don't feel that it cleans deep enough for me to use it at the end of the day.

The product is a creamy, pale yellow liquid that smells faintly like Fruit Loops to me. It does not foam. To me, it is neither drying nor moisturizing.

It retails for $10 for 3 oz, which is not at all a painful price to pay. Still, I have always used drugstore cleansers and they serve me well. I do not see the need for this higher end product. Purity did not do anything special for me so it's not something that I will be repurchasing. While it's a decent cleanser, it is not something I personally recommend just because I think you can get the same clean from a cheaper and more readily available drugstore alternative.

No comments:

Post a Comment