Saturday, November 19, 2011

Revlon Colorburst Lipgloss: Cheers, Spice It Up

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Revlon Colorburst Lipgloss: Cheers, Spice It Up

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
L-R: Cheers, Spice It Up

Revlon has released a holiday collection of Colorburst lipglosses with matching nail colors. I decided to try out the glosses because the colors are fun and festive.

Cheers is a deeper berry-fuschia shade. It appears lighter and pinker in my photographs than it does to my naked eye. I like to think of this color as a "party pink." It does contain shimmer, but it is subtle. The finish looks more like a creme.

Spice It Up is a dark, vampy burgundy with obvious shimmer. It is quite goth but I also think it is so appropriate for the cold seasons. Holiday parties will be the perfect excuse for a shade like this!

These glosses offer great pigmentation while maintaining some degree of translucency (as glosses should). I love that they are not sticky. They feel nice and moisturizing with good slip. The applicators are wonderful. They're flat on either side, rather than angling toward a point like most. I'm not sure what it is about them but they allow for precise application. It's also nice that you can use both sides of the applicator, whereas with a typical applicator you would need to dip it back into the gloss to pick up more product.

I can't really comment on wear as I have not yet worn these out for an extended period. I had Spice It Up on for an hour or two just to try. The glossiness and color definitely wore off as I drank water and such, which is to be expected. Even so, there was pigment left on my lips at the time I decided to wipe it off. I also felt that my lips looked a bit plumper. These don't contain lip plumping ingredients but I think it was a combination of the moisture of the glosses and a bit of color bleeding that made my lips look fuller.

I believe that these glosses retail for $7-8. I got mine from Walgreens at Buy One, Get One 50% Off. I think that the formula and packaging of these are great, and the colors are perfect for the season. Even if these particular shades don't appeal to you, I would definitely recommend this line of lipglosses, which offers a good range of colors.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
L-R: Cheers, Spice It Up

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Cheers

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Spice It Up

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Nude lips

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Cheers (with flash, which unfortunately makes it appear more sheer than in reality)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Spice It Up (with flash, which unfortunately makes it appear more sheer than in reality)

No comments:

Post a Comment