Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Essie: Glamour Purse

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Essie Glamour Purse

Essie's Glamour Purse is a shade from their new Fall 2011 collection. I don't know what it is about taupe colors that is so darn irresistible. They seem so neutral and basic that I thought I might have a similar polish already, but luckily I don't!

Glamour Purse is a lovely mushroom brown with just a touch of mauve. I find that a lot of other taupes can be so gray that they end up with strong purple tones. However, the brown predominates here, which I am very happy about. In the bottle and in natural lighting, I can see the hint of plum but it is subtle. When I first painted this onto my nails, I actually didn't see any purple at all. It seems that under artificial lighting, the purple tones are not apparent.

The formula was a bit lacking this time, which is too bad because I've quite enjoyed my other Essie polishes. This one was more watery and it took longer to dry. Quite a few of my nails smudged and had to be redone.

If you don't mind waiting a bit longer for your nails to dry and you're a taupe-lover like me, then I think you'd like this shade. For me, it is the only taupe in my collection that looks more brown than it does purple. However, I imagine that there are many comparable shades out there so perhaps check your collection first.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Essie Glamour Purse (with flash)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Essie Glamour Purse (natural light)

No comments:

Post a Comment