Monday, September 12, 2011

Sleek Makeup: Delivery!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Sleek Makeup Package

I could not help myself when I saw that Sleek had released a nude palette. I bought three of their palettes when I was in London and I love my experience with them thus far (especially with Storm!). I had been been hankering for the Oh So Special palette so when I learned about Au Naturel, I decided to go for it.

I padded the order with as much stuff as possible to justify the shipping cost. Postage was really not bad at all. It's marked on their FAQ as being $13.50 but it actually came out to $10. To put things in perspective, I placed an ELF order today (I know, I'm awful) and the domestic shipping cost is $6.95. Relative to that, $10 for international delivery is certainly acceptable. Still, I prefer not to pay shipping whenever possible so I figured I might as well order everything I might want all at once.

What I was really thrilled with was how quickly it came! It was shipped on the 8th with an expected delivery time of 10 days. I figured that to mean 10 business days or 2 weeks so I was totally thinking it would come around the 22nd. Today's the 12th! What a pleasant surprise!

I thought the items were nicely packed too. The eyeshadows in one of my palettes (Bad Girl) did crumble some but it's nothing major. I'm not worried about it.

The order came with a free gift. I don't remember if you have to spend a certain amount to qualify for it. I believe you do. Anyway, the gift is a mini lip gloss (you get a choice of colors) and I was delighted to find that it's actually on a little keychain! That's adorable! I won't be sticking mine on but it's a nice touch.

I haven't yet tested any of the products (not even swatching) other than the free lipgloss but reviews will be coming. I just wanted to share my experience ordering through their website. I understand that people may have reservations about placing international orders. I know that I do. However, I'm very pleased with this transaction! I'm excited to try out the products!

P.S. I plan to do a review of neutral palettes since I've collected quite a few, from drugstore options to higher end brands. It will probably take me a while to test everything extensively, not to mention my perpetual lack of time. Still, I think it will be fun and informative! Keep an eye out.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Free gift: Mini High Shine In Your Dreams

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Sleek Pout Paints: Minx, Peek-A-Bloo, Pin Up, Port, Peachy Keen

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Sleek Pout Polishes: Perfect Plum, Electro Peach

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Sleek Palettes: Au Naturel, Oh So Special, Bad Girl

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Sleek Nude Collection Au Naturel Palette

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Sleek Oh So Special Palette

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Sleek Bad Girl Palette

1 comment:

  1. I thought about buying the Oh So Special palette and the Au Naturel one. I just bought the nude blush from the Nude collection. Really nice collection though! Oh, I emailed you! :D

    ReplyDelete