Sunday, March 27, 2011

Flirt! I'M WHIPPED Eyeshadow Mousse: Good Girl, 24 Kt, High Maintenance, Sand Castle

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Clockwise from Top Left: Good Girl, 24 Kt, Sand Castle, High Maintenance

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Clockwise from Top Left: Good Girl, 24 Kt, Sand Castle, High Maintenance

I had some Kohl's cash so I decided to use it toward feeding my beauty addiction. I had never heard of Flirt! before but I saw positive reviews so I went for it. I was primarily interested in the Eyeshadow Mousses since I have been obsessed with creamy shadows. I ordered four colors: Good Girl, a light pink; 24 Kt, a light taupe; High Maintenance, a purplish maroon with gold shimmer; and Sand Castle, a light golden shade. All are very shimmery.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Good Girl

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
24 Kt

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
High Maintenance

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Sand Castle

I was impressed with the box packaging, which reminded me of MAC. I was also impressed with the swatches, which were pigmented, creamy, and long-lasting (they remained through several hand-washes). The texture is very whipped and mousse-like, as advertised. You only need to touch your finger very lightly into the pot to pick up enough of the product.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Natural Light L-R: Good Girl, 24 Kt, High Maintenance, Sand Castle


Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Lamp Light L-R: Good Girl, 24 Kt, High Maintenance, Sand Castle


Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Mousse Texture

Unfortunately, these shadows don't show up the same way as the swatches in actual wear. They are very sheer, and the color does not seem to be buildable. I tried 24 Kt first, which didn't add any color to my lids, just some shimmer. I tried High Maintenance next, since it is the darkest, most pigmented of my four. It, too, came out sheer on the lids with just the slightest hint of color. Similar to 24 Kt, it mostly just added shimmer.

I found these to be quite slippery. They don't seem to dry the way that cream shadows do, so I would be wary of adding layer upon layer. I imagine they might crease and smudge. I tried a few layers to see if I could build some more color, but I failed to achieve any success. I ended up wearing these as bases for pressed shadows.

Overall, I would not recommend these eyeshadow mousses. They certainly are not pigmented enough to wear as eyeshadows, at least not on my lids. Perhaps they would work on someone with more lid space, since they did swatch so nicely. For me, there is pretty much no difference between the four shades because they are so sheer. While they might be used as bases, I feel that there are other much more worthwhile bases out there. There is no indication that they are on the lid once other shadows go on top of them. That being the case, I feel one might as well go with a colorless base, or a cream shadow whose color will show through.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
High Maintenance alone on lids

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Pressed shadows worn over High Maintenance

No comments:

Post a Comment