Friday, April 1, 2011

Flirt! Flowerific Limited Edition Eyeshadow Palette

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Flirt! Flowerific Limited Edition Eyeshadow Palette

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Flirt! Flowerific Limited Edition Eyeshadow Palette

In the same Kohl's order as I mentioned in the last post, I also purchased two palettes. Here is the one I prefer, in Flowerific. The palette is limited edition but it features eyeshadows from their permanent line so you can find them sold singly.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
L-R: Gold Envy, Golden Lady, Solid Gold, Cocoa Luster

I prefer this palette because it features neutral colors in the gold and brown families. The first color in the palette is Gold Envy (#43), an opalescent white with yellow-gold sheen. I think Gold Envy might be considered duo-chrome? The next color is Golden Lady (#38), a shimmery medium brown with yellow undertones that comes off looking bronze. Third is Solid Gold (#37), a shimmery gold shade. Finally, there is Cocoa Luster (#56), a dark cocoa brown with very slight shimmer.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
L-R: Gold Envy, Golden Lady, Solid Gold, Cocoa Luster

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Golden-yellow sheen in Golden Envy (top swatch)

The shadows themselves are surprisingly nice. They are very smooth, creamy, and pigmented, especially the shimmery ones. I found Cocoa Luster to be the most difficult to swatch. It felt the driest of the four shades and was a little splotchy against my hand. However, I don't recall having any problems with it during actual application. Perhaps it is because I used it for definition of the outer corner so I didn't need too much blending.

This palette retailed for $14.99. Its total net weight is .28 oz, which comes out to 0.07 oz per eyeshadow. Full size eyeshadows by Flirt! come in packages of 0.07 oz for $12 each. That means this palette is a great deal since so you are getting four full-size shadows for just a little more than the price of one!

Overall, I would highly recommend these eyeshadows. They're good products for a great price, and I think the shades are universal. I can't find the palette on the Kohl's website anymore but as I have mentioned, these shades can be found individually. I would recommend looking for the palette since it is a much better deal than buying the full-size products on their own.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is my favorite day to day eye shadow. do you know of any stores that are selling?

    ReplyDelete