Sunday, March 20, 2011

No7 Stay Perfect Eye Mousse Review: Fudge

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

I have been obsessed with British beauty gurus lately (namely lisaeldridgedotcom and pixi2woo). They mention and use No7 products quite frequently so when I realized that Target carries the brand, I decided to go check it out.

I bought this eye mousse in Fudge because the color is very pretty, a shimmery golden brown. The consistency is whipped and airy, decidedly mousse-like, so the product designation is accurate. I do think this type of eyeshadow is more difficult to apply since it is more liquid and slippery than a cream shadow. It is messier and harder to place in an exact manner. I believe you would need a stiff, dense brush to apply it. I tried applying by finger the first time, and it got all over the place. Today, I used the Sedona Lace 954 brush, and had much better luck.

I haven't tried too hard to build the color up but my feeble attempts didn't yield positive results. Since the mousse is wet, any further application just slips around rather than sitting on top of the previous layer(s). I fear if you try to layer too much of it, it will crease.

I use it as a base color, and I like it for that purpose. I wore pressed powder eyeshadow over it today. I am 6-7 hours in, and my eye makeup still looks fresh. There is no creasing or oil buildup.

Overall, I would say this is a safe buy. It is $7.99 so it is quite affordable. If you use it as I do, as a base, you won't need much per application so it should last a good while (it comes with 5 mL). The color is a very pretty neutral that has universal application. You can't go wrong with neutrals!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Applied as my base.

No comments:

Post a Comment