Monday, July 7, 2014

Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear Nail Color Electric Summer Collection 2014: Pearl Up

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Sally Hansen in Pearl Up

Sally Hansen's Pearl Up is a pretty cream shade from their new Electric Summer collection. Truth be told, there's nothing electric or neon about any of the shades, all of which are soft pastels. I got a few others from this collection that I will hopefully review soon (see review of Teeny Bikini here).

I'm loving Pearl Up because it has just the slightest pink undertone and a sheerness that keep it from being a stark white, so it's a very wearable, elegant cream. Application-wise, the formula is quite thin and fluid.  It is streaky on the first coat by virtue of its sheerness, but that's easily remedied by application of a second or third coat. I've only worn this once but the level of polish in the bottle has visibly gone down. I don't mind that myself because I've yet to use up a nail polish, and I will applaud myself the day I do.

All in all, I am happy with this purchase. I think this shade is neutral, classic, and will be universally beautiful on everyone.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Sally Hansen in Pearl Up (natural light)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Sally Hansen in Pearl Up (with flash)

No comments:

Post a Comment