Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Maybelline Dream Bouncy Blush: Coffee Cake, Hot Tamale, Plum Wine

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
CW from top left: Coffee Cake, Hot Tamale, Plum Wine

I have been so pleased with my Maybelline Dream Bouncy Blush in Coffee Cake (which has become my go-to blush) that I ended up getting a few more shades. I tried to go for colors that I don't already have in some form or another so I purchased Plum Wine and Hot Tamale.

Plum Wine is the most pigmented of the three. In the pan, it looks like a deep wine shade but once applied, it comes across as a berry toned pink. Hot Tamale is bright, almost hot, pink in the pan. However, its pigmentation is subtle so it goes on as a very wearable pink flush. I actually love layering Hot Tamale and Coffee Cake over one another for a pretty, natural look. I photographed Coffee Cake next to these colors so that you can see how brown-toned it is in comparison. I also photographed it with my beloved Dream Mousse Blush in Rose Petal so that you can see how markedly different the colors are in the pans.

My original remarks about the formula generally hold true. These blushes are easy to work with with buildable color and nice blendability. Plum Wine might require a little more care in application because it is more pigmented so you'd want to avoid packing it all on right away.

I have seen these products incorporated into the regular sections of the drugstore so I'm sure they're readily available at this point. This means also that there should be frequent deals on them. Walgreens almost always has a Buy One, Get One at 50% Off deal going on. I'd grab some then! Coffee Cake is my personal favorite because it is so unexpectedly flattering. I highly recommend that one!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
L-R: Plum Wine, Coffee Cake, Hot Tamale
Bottom: Maybelline Dream Mousse Blush in Rose Petal (reviewed here)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
L-R: Plum Wine, Coffee Cake, Hot Tamale

No comments:

Post a Comment